JJ Kokesh & Sons is proud to announce their new title of “Ambassador” for the St. Louis Diaper Bank, becoming another designated collection spot for donations of diapers and period supplies. Megan Kokesh, owner of JJ Kokesh & Sons Plumbing Company, became involved with this organization during the 10 years working with at-risk youth in local St. Louis Agencies prior to marrying her husband, Joseph, and joining the 130 year old family Plumbing business.
When asked why Megan and Joseph support the St. Louis Diaper Bank, they listed the following facts:
- 1 in 3 families experience diaper need and 1 in 4 women struggle to purchase period products.
- It costs about $1000 each year to diaper a child and $478 each year to purchase period supplies for one woman or girl.
- No public benefit programs allow for the purchase of diapers or period supplies
- Keeping infants and toddlers clean, dry and healthy is key to building a solid foundation for all children. Inadequate menstrual hygiene has been associated with infection and poor health-related quality-of-life.
- Moms who don’t have enough diapers are 3 times more likely than their peers to suffer from depression and anxiety.
- Children left in soiled diapers are uncomfortable and irritable. Fussy babies are at an increased risk of child abuse.
JJ Kokesh & Sons hopes to increase access to basic hygiene items that foster human dignity and full participation in life while raising awareness about diaper need and period poverty. Join them in helping thousands of families and individuals in the St. Louis Region.
You may drop off your donated diapers and period products by leaving them on the covered front porch at JJ Kokesh & Sons Inc, 408 Kehrs Mill Road, Ballwin, MO 63011. For questions, you may call Megan Kokesh at 636-391-1233.