Kokesh Plumbing specializes in:
- GAS WATER HEATERS
Gas water heaters use natural gas to heat water for your home. Natural gas water heater tends to be a cheaper way of warming your water than electric but they are less efficient.
- ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS
Electric water heaters use electric elements to heat the water for your home. Electric water heaters are more efficient than gas water heater but electric is more expensive than natural gas.
- TANKLESS WATER HEATERS
Tankless water heaters are a fast-growing segment of water heater. They don’t have a storage tank, instead water flows through a heat exchanger in the unit that provides hot water instantaneously.
- HYBRID/HEAT PUMP WATER HEATERS
Hybrid /Heat Pump water heaters use the air around them to generate hot water inside the tank. They are much more efficient than gas or electric water heaters.
- PROPANE WATER HEATERS
Propane water heaters use propane gas to heat water. Propane water heaters tend to be used in areas where natural gas companies don’t reach.
What type of water heater is best for me?
TANK TYPE WATER HEATER
- Lower initial cost, tank type water heaters have been around longer than tankless water heaters and for the most part require less expensive parts and technology.
- Depending on household usage-can be more cost effective, depending on the size of the home to use a tank water heater.
- Operate simpler than a hybrid or tankless water heater- Tank water heaters have been around much longer than hybrid or tankless water heater and are a little more user friendly.
- Less annual maintenance or repairs- Tank water heaters have been the gold standard in water heating and while the technology for hybrid and tankless water heaters have been growing by leap and bounds there are still some kinks in the systems that need to be worked out and that can get expensive.
TANKLESS WATER HEATER
- Tankless water heaters tend to have a much longer lifespan than a tank type water heater, warranties tend to be longer than a tank water heater.
- Takes up less space than a tank water heater, tankless water heaters hang on walls freeing up floor space in homes.
- Tankless water heaters never run out of water because there is not a tank that stores the hot water, it only heats water when you request it.
- Tankless water heaters use less energy due to on demand heating, because the tankless water heater does not have to continually heat water, it saves energy and money.
What is included in a standard water heater installation?
Your municipality may have additional requirements due to their local code but generally a standard water heater installation includes:
- The new water heater tank or unit.
- An expansion tank as necessary- this is a safety device that is used to capture excess water that occurs when water expands during the heating process. It helps keep pressure off your tank and helps help your plumbing system from being overloaded. Tankless water heater do not typically need an expansion tank.
- Hauling- We will haul away your old water heater and accessories.
- Permitting- All water heater installations in Saint Louis City, Saint Louis County, St. Charles Country require a permit pulled by a licensed plumber.
Our Preferred Brand of Water Heater is RUUD/RHEEM
We are Certified Ruud/Rheem Installers, part of their PRO Plumber Program.