The team here at Kokesh Plumbing knows that people have a lot of questions about water and the quality of water that we have here in Saint Louis. We would like to help ease your mind and answer some frequently asked questions we have had about the water that comes into our homes.
- How safe is our water?
- Our water is clean, reliable and without a doubt, safe. Year after year, our drinking water meets or surpasses all state and federal drinking water regulations. In fact, Missouri American Water performs more than 500,000 test on our water annually
- Why is my water not flowing like usual?
- This could be due to a water main break. In particularly, during the cold winter month, water mains freeze causing them to crack and burst. You can be assured that Kokesh and our partner, Missouri American Water are working hard and around the clock to make emergency repairs to get the mains fixed.
- Why is my water cloudy?
- Water that looks cloudy can happen when the temperature drops and water entering into your home warms as it comes in. The warm- up creates very small air bubbles that are absolutely harmless. To check to see if this is what is causing the cloudiness, simply place a glass of water on the counter for a couple of minutes and after that check to see if the water has cleared up as the air bubbles dissipate. If this doesn’t seem to be the case, please call us at 636 391-1233 so that we can help you solve this issue!
- Why does my water have a change in taste or has an odor?
- Our water is sourced from different locations through the state including the Meramec River, Missouri River, Shoal Creek and various wells. There are different factors that could cause the water to smell or taste differently such as seasonal changes and river conditions, but the most important thing to realize is that it is still safe to drink.
Hopefully this helps with any questions that you may have about our water and water supply. As always if you have any questions about this or any other plumbing related issues please give us a call at: 636-391-1233.