Thanksgiving Plumbing Tips from Kokesh Plumbing
Thanksgiving is a time for feasting, family, and friends. But it’s also a time when plumbing problems can strike, especially if you’re not prepared. With all the extra cooking and cleaning, it’s easy for your pipes to get clogged or your toilets to overflow. That’s why it’s important to take some preventive measures before the big day.
Tips to help you avoid calling the plumber over the holidays:
Prepare your plumbing ahead of time. A few days before Thanksgiving, flush all of your toilets and run all of your faucets to make sure everything is working properly.
Clean your garbage disposal. Before you start cooking, take a few minutes to clean your garbage disposal. This will help to prevent clogs and keep your drains flowing freely. To clean your disposal, simply run it with cold water and ice cubes for a few minutes. You can also add a few slices of lemon to help freshen the scent.
- Don’t put grease down the drain. Grease can solidify and clog your pipes. Instead, scrape grease and food waste into the trash can.
- Use a strainer in your sink. A strainer will catch food particles before they go down the drain and cause a clog. This can help to prevent clogs and keep your drains flowing smoothly.
- Have your plumbing system inspected. If you’re having any plumbing problems, or if you’re just not sure if your system is up to the task of handling a large Thanksgiving meal, it’s a good idea to have your plumbing system inspected by a professional plumber before the holiday.
- Don’t overload your garbage disposal. If you have a lot of food waste to dispose of, do it in batches. Don’t try to cram everything down the disposal at once.
- Be careful with what you put in your dishwasher. Not all dishes are dishwasher safe. Check the manufacturer’s instructions before putting anything in the dishwasher.
- Fix any leaky faucets or pipes. Leaky faucets and pipes can waste water and lead to mold growth. If you have any leaks, be sure to have them fixed by Kokesh Plumbing as soon as possible.
- Be careful with what you flush down the toilet. Only flush toilet paper down the toilet. Anything else, such as paper towels, sanitary napkins, or tampons, can clog the toilet. You may also want to put up signs in the bathrooms to remind guest what not to flush down.
A few additional tips to help you avoid plumbing problems on Thanksgiving:
Spread out your cooking.
Don’t try to cook everything at once. This will put a lot of strain on your plumbing system. Instead, spread out your cooking over the course of the day.
If you’re doing a lot of cooking, take breaks to give your plumbing system a rest. This will help to prevent clogs.
Run the water when you’re done cooking. After you’re done cooking, run the hot water for a few minutes to help clear out any grease or food particles that may be in your pipes.
Call Kokesh Plumbing if you have a problem.
If you do have a plumbing problem on Thanksgiving, don’t hesitate to call Kokesh Plumbing. It’s better to have Kokesh Plumbing fix the problem right away than to wait until it gets worse.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your Thanksgiving is a stress-free and plumbing-problem-free holiday!
If you do experience a plumbing problem on Thanksgiving Day, don’t panic! Kokesh Plumbing is available 24/7 to help you get your plumbing back on track. Call us at 636-391-1233 and we’ll be there to help you have a happy and stress-free Thanksgiving.