Halloween is a time for spooky fun and frights, but it’s also a time to be on the lookout for scary plumbing issues.
After all, what’s more terrifying than a backed-up toilet overflowing on your living room floor? Or a pipe bursting in the middle of the night?
WATCH OUT FOR….
A toilet that vomits up sewage!
This is one of the most disgusting and terrifying plumbing problems that can happen. It’s caused by a blockage in the sewer line, and it can happen for a number of reasons, such as tree roots growing into the line, grease and fat buildup, or a clog caused by flushing something that shouldn’t be flushed. If you experience this, it’s important to call a plumber immediately to have the line cleared before the sewage backs up into your home.
A shower that turns into a bloodbath!
This is another plumbing nightmare that can make your Halloween even scarier. It’s caused by a rusty pipe that has corroded and started to leak. The rust can mix with the water to create a reddish-brown color that looks like blood. If you see this happening, it’s important to turn off the water supply to the shower immediately and call a plumber to have the pipe repaired.
A sink that gurgles and moans!
This is a plumbing sound that is sure to send shivers down your spine. It’s caused by a buildup of air in the pipes. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as a clog in the drain, a loose fitting, or a faulty vent. If you hear this sound, it’s important to call a plumber to have the pipes inspected and repaired.
A bathtub that fills up with slime!
This is a plumbing problem that is both disgusting and disturbing. It’s caused by a buildup of bacteria and mold in the bathtub. This can happen if the bathtub is not properly cleaned and sanitized. If you see slime in your bathtub, it’s important to clean it immediately with a bleach solution. If the slime persists, you may need to call a plumber to have the bathtub drained and cleaned professionally.
If you experience any of these Halloween-themed plumbing problems, don’t hesitate to call Kokesh Plumbing. We’ll help you get rid of the ghosts, leprechauns, trolls, and malevolent spirits, and we’ll fix your plumbing problems so you can sleep soundly at night.
Tips to Avoid Scary Plumbing Problems:
- Have your plumbing system inspected regularly by a licensed plumber. This will help to identify and fix any potential problems before they cause a major disaster.
- Be careful what you flush down the toilet. Flushable wipes, feminine hygiene products, and other non-biodegradable materials can clog your drains and cause major problems.
- Fix leaky faucets promptly. Leaky faucets can waste a lot of water and money, and they can also lead to water damage.
- Be aware of the signs of sewer gas leaks. Sewer gas leaks can be dangerous, so it’s important to be able to identify them early on.
- Don’t flush too much toilet paper or flushable wipes. These items can clog your drains and lead to backups.
- Insulate your pipes and wrap them in heat tape during the winter months. This will help to prevent them from freezing.
- Know where your main shutoff valve is located. This will be helpful in the event of a plumbing emergency.
Image credit: https://www.lus.org/toilets/
Image credit: https://gharpedia.com/blog/main-water-shut-off-valves/