The Day after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest of the year for us at J.J. Kokesh and Son. Help avoid having to call us this year by following these easy steps.
- Run the disposer with cold water the day before to make sure it is clear.
- Put only small pieces of food into the disposer.
- Do Not use the disposer for fats, oils, bones, vegetable peels, coffee grounds, and egg shells.
- If you do get a clog, don’t use chemical drain cleaners as they are dangerous to have around food and can damage your home’s pipes.
- If you are hosting this year, try switching your toilet paper to single ply.
- Keep a trash can visible.
- Remember many bathroom products that say flushable are not!
- Make sure that you have strainers for all of the tub and shower drains.
- Allow for at least a half an hour between showers to allow for proper drainage.
Also you need to eat lots of pumpkin pie because this helps everything!
I hope that following these simple tips will help keep your Thanksgiving stress free – from plumbing issues at least. If you do find yourself having a plumbing emergency, don’t worry we are on call 24 hours a day! Just give us a call and we will get you taken care of.
From everyone here at J. J. Kokesh and Son we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with delicious food, friends, and family!